12′x20′ with 1′ bump up 8′ 1″ tall
Portable 10×15 on asphalt
The Clean Look
This customer chose to go with a fiberglass end wall
Ready for end walls. Note this house is standard height. A 1′ bump up is available
Stubs with bows and foundation frame 2 12×100 houses for a local nursery
Almost 3′ of Snow
This customer did an awesome job on his lean to greenhouse, attached to pole barns side wall !0′ deep and 20′ long
A10′x20′ in the middle of a neighborhood
My latest customers photo, looks like a 12×40 house
Looks like this customer is ground growing and container growing in their house
Nice end wall look. This house belongs next to a red barn
Note how many of the Greenhouses are right in these folks gardens
Very nice for a 10′x10′ house
Sorry for the lack of posts, but posting to a blog while your baskets shrivel up and almost die didn’t take priority. Did I say it had been a sucky year? It has. I learned a lot too though. I learned that fertilizing because your baskets are starting to look a little ugly after having just fertilized a week before is not a good idea.
Long story short all of my calibrachoa and fuchsia baskets are finally coming back. Just in time to donate them to the local nursing homes. I’ve been using a 25 pound bag of fertilizer since last summer. You know how there is always a clump in your fertilizer? Well I worked around that clump for over a year and when all the other stuff in the bag was gone I started breaking down that clump and using it in my normal (10 ounces to a 33 gallon barrel) way. Turns out that that clump had just sat there absorbing more and more moisture until it was a clump of mostly soluable salts that they use to deliver the man made nitrogen to the roots of your plants. Turns out that when it’s a concentrated block of mostly salt it has a way of plugging up your roots like cholestorol does your arteries. Guess what, this causes the roots to not be able to take up anything and the plants quickly begin to show the effects. Veining in the leaves, necrosis in the leaf margins then basically death of the leaves. So as soon as I noticed this problem I being a good steward to my plants what did I do, you got, it I fertilized some more. (so much for making a long story short huh) They got worse and I got madder.
I finally sent off a couple of samples to different diagnostic labs and they both said that they plants were stressed. Thanks I can see that so am I. I started drenching with plain water to wash out the salts built up in the pots and they started to heal up It’s been two months now and most of my stuff is back to almost normal. I cut back a lot of the baskets and they are looking really nice now. The only evidence is the old dead leaves left over at the bottom of the plants.
Another thing I re-learned is that if you have a white crust or film an the bottom of your 4″ pots around the drain holes that you have a build up of salts in that pot. Pour the water to them for a while before you feed them again.
I also found out from the manufacturer of the fertilizer that I was using too much at a time. I was shooting for 300 ppm nitrogen (that’s what I have been using for the last 20 or so years) Now I am aiming for 100ppm which is about 4 ounces of my soluable per 33 gallon barrel.
That’s it for today I’ll post some pics tomorrow.